For me the time has flown like the wind, so has this quarter studying English 101. And I have one of my prerequisites for the Nursing program done; however there are still seven more to do. But, it is okay, I am strong and motivated and I will achieve my goal. Currently, I am a medical assistant. I love my job, in the medical field, however, I decided to become a Registered Nurse.
I am glad, that in this class we studied cultures, this is one of my favorite subjects. We learned about identity, community, and traditions, by using the book “Remix” by Catherine G. Latterell. The readings in this book present many examples of identity, community, and traditions which stretch my thinking about living in a diverse society. For example, I learned more about communities, their role in modern life, and how they function. Providing us with a sense of stability, serve our needs, and accept us for who we are. The chapter about identity gave me more knowledge about what makes us who we are. It challenged me to reflect on a cultural attitudes and assumptions built into how I think about identity. And I gained some more knowledge about traditions, that traditions are long standing and static practices, they preserve an authentic version of the past, and they promote unity. This knowledge will help me examine how traditions impact modern American life.
This class was a little difficult for me because English is my second language, but I think I did okay. For my E-Portfolio I picked four assignments:
“Masks” (critical thinking skills)
“Communities Accept Us For Who We Are“ (Demonstrating Skills at Revision and Reseeing my work)
“Church Goers Are A Community” assignment (Awareness of Audience and Voice Skills)
“My Wallet“ assignment (Writer’s choice)
In the following postings you will be able to read introductions for each piece and the work itself. I hope you would like them.
Sincerely, Olga
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment